Thursday, October 27, 2011

Glorious

To know Jesus is to know Life.

To know Life is to experience love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Once we grow in and through our relationship with the Living Spirit of Christ we also grow in all these attributes I sum up as knowing Life, which ultimately refers to knowing Jesus: the author and perfecter of our faith.

All things exist in and through Him. Jesus is the faithful One.

He alone deserves all the praise, glory and honor.

One powerful way to exalt Him is through the art of music and song.
Putting words together through song to find a way to express best Who He is will not only make us worship Him, it also deepens our understanding of Him.

Oftentimes I've thought how I would love for there to be a place (I am not referring to one place) where we could go to at any given time of the day or night where continuous expression of worship would be happening. A place where you can join in at any given time. A place where His name is exalted at all times.

When I went to the International House of Prayer in Kansas City I found such a place.

Every moment prayers are lifted up through song and music. Literally 24/7.

I would sit 6 to 8 hours a day there reading Scripture, pray, journal and listen.

That maybe sounds like a lot of hours, but honestly I could have sat there even longer.

I had to remind myself that I was on a 82 day journey and needed my energy and sleep in order to stay healthy and rested =)

All anointing (a special grace, blessing or extreme unction) belongs to God.
However, in His mercy and goodness, He chooses to pour out His anointing on us.
I'm the last person to advocate that we aren't all able to walk in great measures of His anointing, however I do believe that according to our spiritual make up and the way He has made us with our unique calling we will have naturally certain aspects where we will operate in stronger.

I'm not sure how everything works and operates in the spiritual world, however I do know that when we receive a prophet in the name of a prophet we will receive a prophets reward (which are eyes to see and ears to hear what the Spirit is saying). And so whenever we position ourselves in a way to acknowledge the unique calling on someone's life we can benefit from the anointing (grace) that is operating in their lives, and actually experience the same grace they have to do certain things.

When I was at IHOP I experienced an unusual love to read Scripture and to pray and to know Jesus more. Mike Bickle (founder IHOP) has given his life to the calling of God on his life, which is to set up a house of prayer that continues till the end of times, to fast and pray, to study the Scriptures diligently and teach His people. I was aware of the fact that I was tapping into the anointing that operates in Mike's life.

What a rich blessing to receive an impartation (= a passing on of what someone carries. To transmit) that gives you an even deeper desire to devour Scripture, to pray and to know Jesus more.

I spent a week at IHOP and honestly I wished I could have stayed for a few months.

I'll be back =)

No comments:

Post a Comment