Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Celebrate Good Times!

The older I get the more I understand that there is one thing that is important in life; it is relationships.

Life is about family. I like to put it this way (with the highest respect, of course!) -> God is a Family Man. And He truly is. He is into people. He is into love. He is into restoration. He is into wholeness. He is into healing. He is all about Life. He is into family.

I try to open myself up to the people I meet in life. One of the things I try to keep in front of me is this: Who are you? Who are you to God? Who should you be to me? (Not who do I think you are, but instead who are you to God and therefor to me = key)

In Turkey me and my friend, Corine, met four people on our trip to Ephesus. Beautiful people. I fell in love with them.

The Story of how we met:

Early, I mean around 6AM (Is anyone awake around that hour?! Hello??) we are sitting in this tiny bus on our way to a touring bus, picking up people from hotel to hotel. Eventually we get to this one hotel and a guy is standing outside with a shirt on that reads 'Let's Go!' A little later another guy comes standing next to him. However it didn't seem they were making their way to the bus. All of a sudden the guy who stood next to the 'Let's Go!' guy walks off. So I thought 'Well, maybe they are not on this tour and are we waiting for other people'. (However, I wondered what on earth are they doing there + why would you be awake around this hour if you don't need to go somewhere?!) The guy who walked off came walking back with a plastic bag with some plastic bottles of water in it. 'Hmm, maybe they are on our bus?' But no movement. At all... Then a tall guy and girl are coming out of the hotel and the four of them start walking toward the bus. They are on our bus...

I cracked up laughing. This one guy is wearing a shirt with 'Let's Go!' written on it, however it took them ages to get to the bus (I mean a minimum of 5 minutes if not 10).

So off we go.

In the evening we officially met the 'Let's Go!' guy and the 'Water bottle' guy; Aaron and Serhan. We had fun together and I liked them a lot.

The next day we also got to meet Halil and Esmeralda. I liked them a lot as well!

As we are talking I discover they are from the UK. Better, from London! And where was I about to go on my first stop on my 82 day journey?! -> London.

WE NEED TO MEET UP!!

We all agreed on that plan.

In meantime we stayed connected through Facebook (Where would we be without Facebook? Thank God for Facebook! I think He likes it too!!).

A knock on my hotelroom door. I opened. I screamed. We hugged. We hang out. We had an amazing time. We drank tea. We ate stroopwafels (amazing Dutch cookies, ideal for bribing people). We made tons of pictures. And then the moment came we had to say goodbye. Sad face.

BUT we will be friends. Now and in the future.

Halil, Es and Serhan 'Thank you for an amazing evening. Thank you for your friendship!'

No comments:

Post a Comment