Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Out of the mouth of little children...

...and infants, You have ordained strength because of Your enemies, that You might still the enemy and the avenger." (Psalm 8:2; Matt 21:16)

What a joy that God chooses to use whoever He wants and wishes.

It is vitally important to stay away from offense in order to see the works of His hands. It doesn't always quite look like as we might expect, want or hope for.

I am amazed at the words that proceed from the lips of children. They say profound things in the midst of being playful and needing discipline for actions in order to help them to live a life that flows from wisdom and understanding.

When I was in Redding, CA, I had the privilege of being invited to come to the Christian School to be prophesied over by the 7th graders. About 20 children sat in front of me and one for one they would tell me what they heard, saw and felt God said to them about me.

It was amazing that most of the words formed a story all together of what God was telling me. What I particularly enjoyed was that so many children saw a waterfall. Just the day before I wrote a short post called 'The Phillips Blessing' and I shared how I loved visiting the Niagara Falls and the joy and freedom it brought to stand under the waterfall.

I love how God tells us that He knows everything about us. How He uses things in our daily lives to communicate to us. He is such a good God.

To hear prophetic words proceed from the lips of children is most encouraging.
It is pure and undefiled. They don't try to add anything to what they hear, see and/or feel. They just tell you how it comes and if they don't know what it means they don't even bother trying to explain it.

When we came to an end of prophesying, one girl asked the teacher if they could do a round of 'words of affirmation'. One for one they would get the recorder (all the words get recorded so that you can listen to the words later on again, which is great as I am a firm believer we should carefully record the prophetic words we receive in life and read them on a regular basis so that we become secure in who God tells us we are and what we are called to do. In this way the enemy gets silenced and the voice of God becomes clearer and louder in our daily lives). Each child would say one word to strengthen you.

It was such a wonderful experience. It gives your soul and spirit a great boast of encouragement, strength and comfort. The gift of prophecy helps us to grow in the Lord. You feel kissed by God. (1 Cor 14:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment